Sinanglay na Tilapia Recipe, is a known Bicol dish wrapped in pechay and simmered in coconut milk.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 kg tilapia about 5 pcs.
- 4 medium tomatoes, minced
- 2 pcs onions, minced
- 1 thumbsize ginger, minced
- 1 Jalapeño chili(or to taste), sliced
- 10 pcs native pechay leaves
- 2 pcs 11g MAGGI Chicken Broth Cubes dissolved in
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Clean tilapia very well and make an incision along the back.
- Combine next 5 ingredients and stuff into fish.
- Wrap each fish well with 2-3 pieces pechay leaves.
- Arrange fish in a skillet and pour in coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for about 25 minutes or until fish is cooked.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.