• Adobo Marinade
• 3/4 cup vinegar
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 1 whole garlic bulb, crushed (more if you like)
• 2-3 Bay Leaves
• small handful of whole pepper corns
• 3 lbs chicken legs and thighs
• (you can use with pork or beef too)
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a large pot. Add chicken and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 1/2 an hour.
2. Take chicken out and either put it under a broiler or put it on a very hot grill and cook about 10-12 minutes to brown up nicely.
3. Meanwhile, bring marinade back to a boil and boil until reduced by about 1/2.
4. When chicken is done, put on a large serving platter and pour Adobo sauce over it and serve.
5. Store leftovers in sauce, will keep a week. Supposedly it’ll keep without refrigeration, but I’ve never tried it. (I never ate it as leftovers at my MIL’s house either.)
6. I’m not sure of cooking times if using pork or beef. I just know she made it with that too. The pork I know she slow cooked on low heat (200F I’m guessing) in oven for hours.